Ullswater ‘Steamers’ is without doubt one of Lakeland's best kept secrets which offers visitors a quieter, calmer more relaxing experience.
Open virtually every day of the year, our main operating season is from March to November. We have five classic vessels in regular service, ranging from the beautifully preserved 19th century ‘Lady of the Lake’ and ‘Raven’ to our latest vessel 'Western Belle'.
- This is no ordinary cruise this is a cruise with Ullswater ‘Steamers’ on the England’s most beautiful lake, set within the Lake District National Park, yet only a short hop from the M6, Junction 40.
- An eight-mile, one-hour adventure sailing along the three reaches of the lake.
- Expansive vistas of Lakeland’s greatest mountains.
- Tranquil journeys aboard heritage vessels.
- Free parking for coaches at Glenridding & drop-off point at Pooley Bridge.
- Level access from the coach to the pier-houses and to the boats.
- Seating on deck and in comfy, relaxing saloons.
- Fully licensed bars onboard and at pier houses serving snacks plus hot and cold drinks.
- Free teas and coffees in abundance for drivers and tour guides.
- Toilet facilities onboard the vessels and at the pier houses and leaving the very best till last ...
- Carefully calculated prices designed to meet your budget.
- A new and improved schedule of sailings devised to operate at ideal times for you.
One Way Cruise - Our most popular tour is the one hour cruise from Glenridding or Pooley Bridge Pier. Drop off your groups at one end of the lake and pick them up at the other. Ideal for those en route into and out of the valley perhaps combining with another tour. £6.50 per adult.
Early Bird Savings - 20% of group fare sailings. This offer applies to all sailings before 10am only.
Round the Lake Cruise - For groups with a little more time, take the full round the lake Ullswater Cruise. Journey time is 120 minutes. Groups enjoy a 15% reduction on standard rates.
Boots and Boats - Combine a cruise with some of the most famous walks in the Lake District, suitable for walking and nature tours who want to do something a little bit different. A single journey from Pooley Bridge/Glenridding to Howtown is approx 40 minutes. Groups enjoy a 15% reduction off standard fares.
One Happy Family - A combined fare with our sister attraction the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway. The tour includes a one way cruise on Ullswater and a return steam trip on the Railway. The tours do not have to be taken on the same day. Groups enjoy a discounted rate of £13 per adult.
Dove Cottage Tour - Discover more about William Wordsworth and cruise amidst the landscape that inspired his work. The tour includes a one way cruise on Ullswater combined with a visit to Dove Cottage. £12 per adult
Lowther Castle Tour - This tour includes a one way tour on Ullswater combined with a visit to Lowther Castle and Gardens. £12 per adult.
Consider your options from our full day Itinerary options by viewing our Group Pack online.
Information on lunches is available here
Click here to view our terms & conditions
Download a booking form here.