Welcome to Ullswater ‘Steamers’, to help your plan your trip, please find below a guide to facilities at the Pier Houses and onboard. There are four Piers located at Pooley Bridge, Glenridding, Howtown and Aira Force. Facilities are located at main Pier Houses Glenridding and Pooley Bridge and within National Trust attraction Aira Force.
- Fully licensed bars onboard all vessels.
- Indoor saloons and outside open/covered deck space onboard.
- Selection of speciality teas, coffees and light refreshments onboard all vessels
- Toilets onboard all vessels
- Accessible toilets onboard Lady Wakefield. Please view our full access statement here.
- Bikes are permitted onboard except Lady Dorothy, small charge applies and subject to deck space available.
- Dogs are welcome onboard, small charge applies
At The Piers
- Fully licensed bars onboard all vessels & Glenridding Pier House.
- Selection of speciality teas, coffees and light refreshments at Pooley Bridge, Glenridding Pier House.
- Landscape and things to do interpretation panels at the main Piers.
- Bike Racks outside main Piers at Pooley Bridge and Glenridding.
- Free Wi-fi at Glenridding and Pooley Bridge Pier Houses.
- Commentary App to download
- There is a public slipway by Glenridding Pier House.
- Outdoor picnic areas at Pooley Bridge, Glenridding and Aira Force.
- Indoor seating areas at Pooley Bridge, Glenridding and Aira Force.
- Gift shops at main Pier Houses and Ullswater ‘Steamer’ extended gift shop in Pooley Bridge village opposite the Fish monument in the village square.
- Piers are within easy walking distance to the villages of Glenridding, Pooley Bridge and National Trust Aira Force attraction. There is a National Trust tearoom at the Aira Force attraction.
- Accessible toilets at main Pier Houses and onboard Lady Wakefield. Please view our full access statement here.
- There are no facilities at Howtown or Aira Force Pier. Facilities at Aira Force are a five minute walk from the Pier at National Trust Aira Force attraction.
Transport & Parking
- Electric Car charge point at Glenridding.
- Public bus stops at Glenridding, Pooley Bridge and Aira Force. Nearest mainline train station in Penrith, approximately six miles from Pooley Bridge.
- Pay and display parking at Glenridding, Pooley Bridge and Aira Force. There are limited disabled bays at Glenridding and Aira Force. There is a drop off point outside Pooley Bridge Pier House. Parking is in the village approx 400m away (five minutes). There is no parking at Howtown.
Facilities for Pets
- Dog waterbowls outside main Pier Houses at Pooley Bridge and Glenridding. Dogs are welcome throughout, small charge applies.
We use Location Based Services (LBS) to understand traffic patterns in venues. The location data we capture helps us to understand venues, such as how long customers stand in line and how they generally move around an area, enhancing operational efficiency and improving user experience.
If you would like to find out more about the data we collect through Mobile Location Analytics MLA, take a look at our solution providers location analytics policy, alternatively you can opt out of location analytics.