We collect information about you for three reasons: firstly, to process any online orders/enquiries, secondly to provide news if you are a subscriber and thirdly to provide you with the best possible service. We thought you may like to how we collect certain information or data about you and your visit to our website when you use www.ullswater-steamers.co.uk
relates to any legitimate company, on which you are directly employed, authorised on behalf of or plan to start.
relates to The General Data Protection Regulations due to come into effect on 25th of May 2018.
We will be collecting:
- Information that will help us contact you in the future like: name, company name, address, phone and email.
- And retain all personal information disclosed by you to us, we will not seek to append personal data from external sources.
- Information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us.
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers.
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
We will not be collecting:
- Information about browsing habits outside of our own domains (www.ullswater-steamers.co.uk)
- Personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender, age.
This data is held in a state of the art highly protected data storage environment within the UK and will be used to:
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you,
- Help improve the content we display on our website,
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future,
- Provide you with the fastest access to the latest content relevant to you,
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We only store data with UK Force24 managed secure environment. Your data will never be transmitted outside of the UK. Unless you have specifically requested us to do.
EMAIL AND SMS OPTIONS
Ullswater ‘Steamers’ use the Force24 platform to send both email and SMS marketing communications, both the Force24 data centre and its support professionals are located within the EU.
By submitting your information of Ullswater ‘Steamers’ into one of the data capture points you are confirming the following:
- You are doing so in your capacity as a representative of the company.
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You are accepting the relevance of our marketing email communications
- You are providing contact information that will facilitate the communication between Ullswater ‘Steamers’ t/a Lake District Estates ® Ltd and you, the client.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from us ‘The Company’
- You may use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email and SMS we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be immediately updated.
- You may write to Ullswater ‘Steamers’, specifically requesting your removal (addressed to: Data Controller, Ullswater ‘Steamers, Glenridding Pier House, Cumbria, CA11 0US), your request will be actioned upon within 28 days of its receipt. You must include your name and email address for us to ensure its removal.
Please note we cannot accept unsubscribe requests through any other channel.
Due to the open nature of the internet transmitting data to Force24 must only be done via approved data transmission channels. We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the known best practice approaches. It’s important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
Once your data is received, it will be stored within the Force24 secure data environment, where we have robust processes and procedures to keep it safe.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so.
We will not share your information with any Third Parties.
Ullswater ‘Steamers’ is working hard to ensure it sets an exemplarily standard in data management and usage. Specifically, under the proposed the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact Ullswater ‘Steamers’ Manager, Ullswater ‘Steamers’, Glenridding Pier House, Cumbria, CA11 0US email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 017684 82229
In the event that you have not received a response within 30 days you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Please ensure you have verified the privacy policies on any external websites before submitting personal information.
Company Registration Number: 346 999
VAT Number: GB 156 514 564
Terms and conditions for ticket purchase for Ullswater ‘Steamers’
All persons undertaking an Ullswater ‘Steamers’ lake cruise and at all times whilst on our premises are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Our enquiry and booking service (the “Booking Service”) is offered as a service to you, the customer, by us, Lake District Estates Co Ltd T/A Ullswater ‘Steamers’ (also referred to as “we”, and “our” or Ullswater ‘Steamers’), via our website at www.ullswater-steamers.co.uk (the “Website”).
- These Terms and Conditions set out the terms of our contract with you in relation to the supply of any ticket that you purchase using the Booking Service. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not use the Booking Service.
- The Full Round the Lake/One Way Cruises and Aira Force Shuttle are separate services. Tickets for either may only be purchased up to 9am on the day of travel. Allocated seating is on open deck. Saloons are closed to enforce adequate social distancing. Passengers are advised to wear clothing which is appropriate for the weather and must stay in their allocated seats for the duration of the journey.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE - Please adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times during your visit to the attraction and on-board. Passengers are required to maintain two metre social distancing at all times from all other passengers who are not part of your family group. Passengers not adhering to the rules will be asked to leave the premises.
- Please do not visit the attraction if you feel unwell. If you have pre-booked contact us on 017684 82229 and we will transfer the booking to another date.
- Passengers will be seated under the ‘rule of six’. Under the current ‘rule of six’, only a maximum of six persons can be seated together. Please note local authority restrictions on the ‘rule of six’. If your group size exceeds six and is not exempt under the Government guidelines, you are not permitted to travel. We reserve the right to refuse travel to groups larger than six under these guidelines.
- Tickets are date and time specific for all cruise journeys to enable us to ensure your safety through adequate social distancing when using our services. Please ensure you arrive for your allocated time as displayed on your ticket. We cannot guarantee travel if you miss your journey and you will be required to purchase a new ticket.
- Date and timed tickets are non-transferrable and non-refundable unless cruises are not operating. There is a discretionary admin £10 admin charge that may be applied to amend bookings. Please ensure you check the ticket details in full before you make the purchase.
- Parking tickets which have been pre-paid are date specific.
- You confirm that you are at least 18 years old and have authority to use the payment method or billing account details you provide for the purpose of settling any payments due for any purchase made through the Booking Service, or that you owe to us. You also promise that all information supplied by you in using the Booking Service is accurate and that you will not make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservation.
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any change of address, contact phone number or email address. Our preferred method of contacting you is by email, and it is your responsibility to provide a valid email address.
- If you have not pre-booked your ticket and purchase on the day, you will be required to share your details for NHS Track and Trace purposes. Please download the app in advance of your visit and scan the poster on arrival if you are not purchasing a pre-booked ticket. Your data will be held for 21 days.
- If you elect to purchase a ticket or tickets from the website you need to arrive in good time for boarding at least 10 minutes before departure. Passengers will be boarded by name and party size so there is no need to validate your tickets but please ensure that you have them with you in case the crew need to see them. There is no need to go in the pier house to validate tickets or use the car park machine as long as you have registered the correct registration number for your vehicle when paying for your online tickets and discounted parking fee.
- Refer to our website for social distancing measures we have introduced on site. Please note some facilities may not be open on-board or in the pier houses. We will have restricted entry into the pier house/toilets.
- If you elect to have the QR code sent to your phone by SMS text message, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have provided us with the correct telephone number and that your phone is charged, functional and that you are able to display the QR code if required to do so.
- Any ticket(s) purchased for timetabled services as described on our website at www.ullswater-steamers.co.uk/timetablefares.shtml must be redeemed on the date and at the time shown, including the specified return time. Tickets purchased are non-refundable except when services are cancelled by Ullswater ‘Steamers’ because of bad weather, mechanical breakdown or any other unforeseen operational problem.
- Please note if you travel in the 2020 season we will restrict use of Gift vouchers. Our Booking Service will state the valid from date and the expiry date on the voucher. Gift vouchers can only be redeemed in person at Glenridding or Pooley Bridge pier houses for any retail or catering items. No change can be given.
- We have suspended all of our third party ticket sales until further notice.
- We have suspended sales of Stagecoach bus & boat tickets until further notice.
- Tickets purchased for a special event as described on our website (at http://www.ullswater-steamers.co.uk/specialevents.shtml) can only be redeemed for that event on the date and time shown on the ticket(s). Tickets purchased are non-refundable except when services are cancelled by Ullswater ‘Steamers’ because of bad weather, mechanical breakdown or any other unforeseen operational problem.
- Dogs are permitted on all timetabled services subject to a charge. Dogs must always be kept on a short lead and under close control. Dogs are not permitted on any special events cruises
- Bikes are not permitted on board due to lack of space whilst social distancing measures are in place. Bike racks are available at Pooley Bridge and Glenridding pier houses.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Please check your order carefully before finalising any transaction on our booking service as mistakes cannot be rectified later. Mistakes are subject to a £10 admin charge.
- Group bookings (tour operators only) are subject to a minimum of 10 persons. Please contact the office for further information.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that all services operate as planned. However, we reserve the right, where appropriate, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to substitute any vessel for any other vessel, or to cancel any service.
- We shall not be liable to any passenger for any loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with or as a consequence of the operation or cancellation of any service provided, including but not limited to damage to or loss of property or items belonging to the passenger, and any personal injury to any passenger subject to clause 17.
- We only supply the services for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the services for any commercial or business purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Passengers must keep personal belongings with them at all times. We accept no responsibility for the theft of any property or personal item whilst on our premises.
- Clauses 22,23 and 24 do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
a) death or personal injury cause by our negligence; or
b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
c) any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Good Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
d) losses for which it is prohibited by section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 to limit liability.
- Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets, personal stereos, including MP3 players and any other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other passengers, is not permitted on any part of any vessel or pier.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and under 5’s must remain close to their parent or guardian at all times.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is strictly prohibited on board vessels and on piers.
- Passengers may only embark and disembark via the designated gangways in an orderly manner when invited to do so by the crew on board.
- We reserve the right, without refund and, in our absolute discretion, to refuse entry onto or remove from any vessel or gangway any person who, in our opinion:
a) is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other passengers by their conduct; or
b) has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace; or
c) is likely to endanger themselves, the vessel, the staff or any other passenger.
- All passengers must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements, instructions given by our staff and the regulations in force at the time whilst undertaking the cruise.
- Breach of any of these Terms and Conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall cause us to refuse to carry you as a passenger and may result in your removal from the vessel at the next available opportunity.
- We will only use the personal information you provide to us to provide the service or to inform you about similar services which we provide, unless you tell us you do not want to receive this information.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Law.
- When you book a ticket and your preferred product or service is available, the contract for third-party services (for example, travel company or hotel bookings) will be between the relevant supplier and you. We are not a party to any such contractual relationship and you should read the terms and conditions applicable to such third-party services carefully.
- If adverse weather is expected to affect the sailing schedule part way through the day, the sailing day will be cancelled in its entirety. Due to social distancing measures we cannot provide the mini bus shuttle.
WIFI Mobile location code of conduct
We use Location Based Services (LBS) to understand traffic patterns in venues. The location data we capture helps us to understand venues, such as how long customers stand in line and how they generally move around an area, enhancing operational efficiency and improving user experience.
If you would like to find out more about the data we collect through Mobile Location Analytics MLA, take a look at our solution providers location analytics policy, alternatively, you can opt out of location analytics.