Ullswater ‘Steamers’ is a dog-friendly Lake District visitor attraction that offers the perfect day out for the whole family. We operate a variety of cruises linking iconic walking routes, waterfalls, and Lakeland villages from 20 minutes to two hours dependent on your choice of journey. Open 363 days a year except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Good things to know about Ullswater ‘Steamers’:
- We offer winter value 'round the lake' fares on the Green timetable operating from 29th October to 31st January 2024.
- We recommend booking tickets online in advance of your journey to secure your preferred journey times. Daily service tickets can be pre-booked online up to 12 hours before departure.
- Walk up tickets are available on the day. Please ask at the pier houses.
- The fresh air and views are FREE for every passenger to enjoy so get the cameras at the ready and bring the bird book!
- The four piers link to spectacular walking routes connecting you to each destination point around the Ullswater Way
- Explore the magic and mystery of the National Trust Aira Force waterfalls. Cruise connections from March - October.
- Scan the QR codes around the Ullswater Way and explore the virtual art gallery here
- Please call ahead if you require wheelchair access. Due to the heritage nature of our vessels and the waterside location, we regret that our attraction is not suitable for motorised wheelchairs or mobility scooters. We have wheelchairs available for use that can be reserved.
- Electric car charging points at Glenridding pier. We recommend you download the app before you visit.
- Our main pier houses are located at Glenridding and Pooley Bridge. From Pooley Bridge village car parks, it is a 10 minute walk to the pier. Drop off point outside the door.
- We have a range of cruise options around the lake from 20 minutes to over two hours.