Our primary focus will always be the health and wellbeing of both our staff and customers, we will continue with our enhanced cleaning routines.
- If you are departing from Glenridding Pier and you have not paid for parking in advance with your boat tickets please use the contactless card machine, situated in the main car park by the pier house entrance. Please note parking tickets for Glenridding are not available online at this time.
- If you are departing from Pooley Bridge Pier. Please visit our website for parking information in Pooley Bridge village.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your departure time. A member of staff will be available to direct you to your departure point.
- Glenridding pier house is open all year bar Christmas eve & day. Facilities include toilets, accessible toilet, licensed catering offering for takeaway snacks and drinks, gift shop for that ‘must have’ souvenir.
- Pooley Bridge pier house is open in main season from March daily until the end of October.
- There are toilets and bars on-board all of our boats.
- Please observe any site information signage on arrival.
- Please do not travel if you feel unwell.
- If you have a bike or paddleboard – please note there is a £2.50 per journey surcharge. Please pay on arrival at Glenridding or Pooley Bridge where you will be advised if there is room onboard to carry these items. We cannot guarantee travel. SUPs must be deflated prior to boarding.
- If you need to bring a wheelchair, please call us on 017684 82229 to book in advance and we can advise the most suitable vessel for you to travel.
Thank you for booking a day out on Ullswater ‘Steamers’.
We wish you a very pleasant journey with us.
We would also like to say a massive thank you for your continued support.
- Can I book a ticket? We strongly advise customers to book tickets online before visiting. Limited tickets are available to purchase on the day.
- What happens if I feel unwell before I visit? Please stay at home and email us to re-schedule your visit.
- What happens if I turn up and I do not have a pre-booked ticket? We have limited tickets for sale dependant on availability and cannot guarantee you a ticket on your preferred time of sailing.
- Can I get on the boat at Howtown? Yes and tickets are bookable online. We advise you not to board at Howtown. Take the cruise part of your journey first and walk back from Howtown to Pooley Bridge or Glenridding.
- What happens if I miss my cruise departure time? Please do not be late for your sailing because we probably will not be able to transfer you onto a later trip that day.
- What happens if you cancel sailings? If we cancel sailings on the day that you are booked to visit us, we will automatically refund you through our online booking system. Your payment will be credited back to your original payment card within 5 working days.
- How long is the cruise? Our cruises from Glenridding to Pooley Bridge (or vice versa) take approximately one hour. The cruise time from Glenridding to Aira Force (or vice versa) is approximately 20 minutes. Cruise time from Glenridding to Howtown is approximately 35 minutes and from Pooley Bridge to Howtown is approximately 25 minutes.
- Can I travel in a wheelchair? We have limited capacity for wheelchairs, please call us on 017684 82229 to book a place on board and discuss your requirements.
- Can I bring a dog? Dogs are allowed on board, please purchase a ticket online for £1.
- Can I bring a bike? Yes, if we have space. We have limited space onboard for bikes due to the heritage nature of our vessels, so we cannot guarantee travel on the day. Bikes accepted onboard are charged at £2.50, these tickets are not available to purchase online and spaces are limited. Bike racks are available at Pooley Bridge and Glenridding pier houses.
- Can I bring a paddleboard (SUP)? Yes if we have space. We have limited space onboard for SUP due to the heritage nature of our vessels, so we cannot guarantee travel on the day. SUP charge is £2.50, these tickets are not available to purchase online. We ask that paddleboards are deflated before travelling on the boat.
- Are the toilets open in the pier houses? Glenridding pier house is open throughout the year. Pooley Bridge pier house is open in the main season mid March - early November.
- Are the toilets and saloons open on board? Yes, toilets and saloons are open on board all boats.
- Can I bring a picnic with me? Yes, for consumption in outdoor picnic areas and onboard the boats.
- Am I allowed alcohol on board? Our licensed bars on board are open. If you appear to be intoxicated, we reserve the right to refuse entry and no refunds will be given.
- Can I buy food and drink at the pier houses ? Yes, we have a selection of light refreshments and hot/cold drinks available. Glenridding pier house is open throughout the year. Pooley Bridge pier house is open in the main season.
- I have a Prosecco and Cruise gift voucher or a monetary gift voucher how can I book a ticket online? We ask you to email us with your voucher details and we can book you on a cruise.
- Do I have to book Aira Force car parking? No, you do not; their main car park has spaces on a first-come, first-served basis. It is managed by the National Trust.
- What numbers can I book for a wedding charter? We can accommodate wedding charters up to the maximum capacity for the boat. Please ask us for further information or to arrange a show around.
- Can I buy a season ticket? We are suspending season ticket sales until further notice.
- Can I use my complimentary voucher? Please contact us with details of your voucher so we can arrange tickets for you subject to availability.
- Can I use an accommodation 10% privilege voucher? We have not re-issued these vouchers for 2022.
- Can I use my 50% off voucher from Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway? We are working on a new joint ticket with our sister attraction in 2022. Please keep an eye on our website for further details.
- Can I book tickets through Viator, Get Your Guide and other third-party sellers? Not at this time. Please book tickets direct through our website.
- Can I buy a bus and boat ticket? Yes the Bus & Boat ticket are available to purchase onboard Stagecoach buses. You can find out more details here Bus and Boat Tickets
- Is there a Ullswater ferry? Ullswater 'Steamers' fulfil the function of ferrying passengers across the lake as well as providing scenic pleasure cruises. Please see our timetable for details.